Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mom

She cooks my favorite…                                                         A special Video on Mother's Day
Tastes for salt…
Offers a little to God to save more for me…

She feeds me for strength…
Teaches me to tell the truth…
Lies often to see me smile…

She watches the clock…
Warns me to sleep by 10…
Stitches for my dreams till 12…

Keeps me telling, don’t fear, don’t cry…
Makes me smile…
I couldn’t understand till date, but I know…
She sheds few tears in my happiness and joy…

Always advise me to think global…think for all…
But she always starts and stops her heart at me…
It took me years to know, I am the world at her…

Ties a bunch of Rakhis on my wrist,
When I cry seeing others at bay…
She laughs at joy…hugs me at heart…
When I ask…may I call you didi from now…

Dresses me in new…
Puts a black spot on my forehead…
Carries me to school…
Kisses me like mad, when I stood first in class…
But I felt embarrassed…

That day…
My first salary…thought of surprising with a saree
Woke up at 6…
Went to see her at bedroom…could not find…
In kitchen I saw the kheer I die to take a bite…
But she was not there…

I heard the sound of her bangles…
She was coming out of our Puja room
Smiling at heart and shedding two drops of tears…

I showed her the saree and asked, “Do you like this?”
She touched that with joy…I could see by her tears…
Then held my ear, like she used to…
And asked, “Have you got a puja saree for the Goddess?”
I shake my head in saying NO…

She kissed at my forehead…
And said, “I knew you will forget, so I brought one, when will grow up”

Still I could not gather my courage to tell…
I don’t want to think about anything stone…
Could not tell…
Don’t want to tell…
You are the Goddess for me…Mom.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moms r like ds only....words never come to mind when i thnk to write about my parents....but u.....always d best n perfect in all ur work....luv u.

Unknown said...

Superb one..
Hats off to The Beautiful Lady and the Poet.